26 October 2017 for Global Voices
It was a long day in court for the Istanbul 10 on October 25, but one that ended with joy.
23 October 2017 for IRIN News
ID cards have brought little but pain to the Rohingya. And this time they’re biometric
08 March 2017 for openGlobalRights
With all the hype about new technologies for human rights, activists must think critically and strategically
26 January 2017 for Real Life
When remote family members are a touch screen away, the strange can become familiar and uncertain new worlds bearable
- #Istanbul10 Human Rights Defenders Have Been Behind Bars for 100 Days on 12 October 2017 for Global Voices. (cs, es, fr, ar, it, el)
- Human Rights Defenders Are Still Behind Bars in Turkey on 12 July 2017 for Global Voices. (mg, es, fr, el, ar)
- Digital Identification Systems: Responsible Data Challenges and Opportunities on 04 July 2017 for The Engine Room.
- My Manchester on 17 June 2017 for Real Life.
- Responsible Data at Oxfam: Translating Oxfam’s Responsible Data Policy into practice, two years on on 19 April 2017 for Oxfam.
- Where Are You Really From on 29 March 2017 for Real Life.
- 2016: A Year of Data-Driven Confusion on 12 December 2016 for Model View Culture.
- Technology Tools in Human Rights on 07 December 2016 for The Engine Room.
- Dangerous Data: The Role of Data Collection in Genocides on 21 November 2016 for The Engine Room.
- Internet politics: a feminist guide to navigating online power on 11 November 2016 for openDemocracy 50:50. (fr, es)
- Bangladesh Introduces ‘Smart’ National Identity Cards on 07 October 2016 for Global Voices. (es)
- When the Openwashing is Over: Protecting The Right To Know on 28 September 2016 for The Engine Room.
- Responsible Data in Agriculture on 16 September 2016 for The Engine Room.
- Feminist Tech Tools on 31 August 2016 for GenderIT.
- There's Finally a Programming Language in Bengali Script, Thanks to ‘Potaka’ on 30 August 2016 for Global Voices. (mg, ru, es)
- Bangladesh Shuts Down the Internet, Then Orders Blocking of 35 News Websites on 04 August 2016 for Global Voices. (mg, ru, es, sw, el)
- Civic Tech and Brexit: We Can Do Better on 28 June 2016 for The Engine Room.
- Brexit: Heartbroken, but not broken on 24 June 2016 for Global Voices. (es, it, ar, mg, ru, el, fr)
- Responsible Data Reflection Stories on 01 March 2016 for Responsible Data Forum.
- Five ways tech is crowdsourcing women’s empowerment on 03 February 2016 for The Guardian.
- The Potential Impact of Free Basics on SRHR Advocacy in Bangladesh [PDF] on 22 January 2016 for Arrow for Change (journal).
- Bangladesh Will Demand Biometric Data From All SIM Card Users on 22 December 2015 for Global Voices. (mk, es)
- Bangladesh Keeps Blocking Social Media, Threatens New Surveillance Tactics on 30 November 2015 for Global Voices. (mg, es)
- With Messaging Apps Still Banned, Bangladeshis Turn to Tor (and Twitter) on 25 November 2015 for Global Voices. (mg, mk, es)
- So you found a unicorn- what now? on 12 November 2015 for Data Journalism: Inside the global future.
- Citizen-generated Data and Governments: Towards a Collaborative Model on 26 October 2015 for DataShift.
- Getting Open Development Right on 01 March 2015 for The Fibreculture Journal.
- Women’s Victim Role & The Bangladeshi Liberation War on 14 December 2014 for The Aerogram.
- Shooting our hard-drive into space, and other ways to practise responsible development data on 01 October 2014 for Responsible Data Forum.
- Oil Contracts: how to read and understand them on 01 November 2012 for OpenOil.
- Exploring Oil Data: a Reporter's Handbook on 01 June 2012 for OpenOil.